Tottenham starlet Troy Parrott is set to miss the Premier League restart after undergoing surgery to remove his appendix.
The 18-year-old’s absence from the first-team squad has been a point of contention between Jose Mourinho and Spurs supporters this season.
Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City – FA Cup Fifth Round / Sebastian Frej/MB Media/Getty Images
After Harry Kane was ruled out with a thigh injury in November, Tottenham were short of an out-and-out striker but Mourinho was reluctant to give fans’ favorite Parrott a chance.
And the Republic of Ireland international – following surgery to remove his appendix – is unlikely to make his first Premier League start anytime soon.
“The young striker was diagnosed with early signs of appendicitis after reporting stomach pains to our medical staff. He will now begin rehabilitation and return to training in June,” an official statement from the club said. Yab will pass through the period of being.”
Parrott has been in good form for Spurs’ under-19 and under-23 sides this season, netting six times in four UEFA Youth League appearances and also scoring three goals in Premier League 2.
Even if he was fit, the chances of him featuring in Tottenham’s first game against Manchester United were slim.
Spurs fans, are you looking forward to seeing Gedson Fernandes join the Premier League?https://t.co/Iu2NGyJFg8
— 90 Minutes (@90min_Football) April 25, 2020
Spurs have the luxury of a full-fit squad for the first time in months with Son Heung-min, Steven Bergwijn and Moussa Sissoko all recovering from the knocks that kept them out before the suspension of football in March. was kept
England captain Kane has also completed his recovery, a major boost for Mourinho’s side. Spurs’ talisman has scored 17 goals in 25 games so far this season, although speculation continues over his long-term future.
A source told 90 Minutes in March that Kane’s representatives were exploring options for a potential transfer away from north London, with both Manchester clubs chasing.